Distance : All of 3.5 miles. Can be extended considerably by joining up with the Darwen Tower ride.
Ascent : Barely 350 feet
Refreshments and Facilities : If you're prone to extreme thirst, there's the Hare and Hounds pub at the start/finish or The Royal Arms halfway round, slightly off-route.
Character : A pleasant bimble through woods along a chain of three reservoirs. Makes a gentle evening excursion or an outing with youngsters (though you might be better returning through the woods and avoiding the A675 in that case)
1. There's ample parking at the Hare and Hounds if you're a patron, or in Dole Lane if you're not. Set off along the obvious track, skirting the first reservoir.
2. Loop around the back of Rake Cottage, then cross a small wooden bridge.
3. Cross the dam of Lower Roddlesworth Reservoir and then keep skirting the waters, heading upstream through pleasant woods.
4. At a small bridge, with signage ahead to "Slipper Lowe Car Park", turn right. The Royal Arms is up above the woods to the left.
5. Follow Roddlesworth Lane down to the A675 and back to the start.