• First British rider to win a UCI World Championship medal at the 1st official World Championships – Silver 1990
• 1st World Trail championships – Beginners 1990
• 1st Place Norba Nationals Mexico 1990
• Nemba series winner Downhill 1991
• 2nd Trophy Pic Blanc (now known as the Mega Avalanche Cup Alp Du Heuz) 1990
• 2nd Place National Championships 1992
• World Bunny Hop Record 1995 Malverns Classic – 42.5 inches
• World Bunny Hop Record on a tandem with Jason McRoy – 9 inches!
Since stopping Elite competition David has worked across all areas of our industry, helping to design and develop bikes, technical clothing and a plethora of other products, bringing items to market and leading on sales and marketing at a global level for several brands. David’s past experience includes Sales & Marketing / business leadership roles working with the likes of Cannondale, Rapha / Team Sky, UYN Sports, Marin, Whyte Bikes, Titici Bikes and Alchemist Wheels as well as an early career as a professional mountain bike racer, where he regularly represented Team GB.
Using his knowledge and strategic experience as Managing Director at FreeFlow Technologies, David is ensuring that this dynamic brand is leading the way in technology to drive our industry forward, developing the lightest power to weight ratio motors in the world. As a rider still competing at elite masters level, David is also a current brand ambassador at UYN Clothing, Titici Bikes and Alba Optics.