Hawes Ingleton & Dent
Stats: 41 miles and 4000 feet of ascent
Recommended venues are Moira Metcalfe’s studio at Appersett, Bernie’s at Ingleton and and Stone Close in Dent. Stay over in Hawes and choose from the great accommodation by using the link on this page.
Introductory ride in the steep climbs of the western Dales.
- From Hawes follow the B6255 road that rises and falls towards Ingleton, with expansive views of the rugged western Dales
- At Ribblehead, continue on to Chapel le Dale, passing the limestone escarpments and caves that sit below Ingleborough mountain.
- Turn off the B6255 right into Chapel le Dale and take the minor road into Ingleton, with the limestone of Twistleton Scar to your right.
- If you stop for refreshments at Ingleton, take the road out to Thornton in Lonsdale and ride along Kingsdale with steep climbs, then dropping into Dentdale and the picturesque village of Dent.
- Cross the river at Dent and turn right, with the river now on your right, riding towards Dent Station in this narrowest of Yorkshire Dales.
- At Cowgill turn left and climb to Dent Station, climbing steeply over Widdale and moorland, before dropping to Garsdale Head.
- Join the A684 and ride along the valley back to Hawes.
Returning to Hawes, stay in one the great accommodation choices and ride for a few days in these classic hills.
click below for gpx file