Putney to Windsor Castle
Stats: 32 miles and 622 feet of ascent (each way)
Cinnamon Cafe Windsor and The Dynamo Cafe in Putney on the way back.
This is one of the Time Out magazine rides, which we think is a great ‘there and back’ riverside ride -and you get to see a castle!
- Go along to towpath passing boat houses and rowing clubs, taking the road at Hammersmith Bridge and heading up to Roehampton Gate at Richmond Park.
- Exit the park and follow the road (A307) towards Kingston, picking up the river again and passing the Boaters Inn (good food on return leg).
- Cross Kingston Bridge and stay alongside the river, Barge Walk to Hampton Court Palace.
- Head south over Hampton Court Bridge and find the towpath again, leaving the river at Weybridge and joining the A317 towards Windsor fora short while.
- Turn off right at Chertsey Fire Station, following National Cycle Network signs to Chertsey Bridge, cross both the river and the M3 and stay alongside the river on Thames Side to Staines. As you ride with meadows and trees either side, you will turn off left to stay alongside this riverside road.
- At Laleham it becomes a path and continues along the Thames.
- Cross over at Staines and follow the A308 into Windsor and to the castle.