Richmond to Hampton Court
Stats: 15 miles and 320 feet of ascent (flat)
You’re in Richmond in London, so there’s lots to choose from, both in the town and along the river.
Quiet ride along the River Thames from Richmond Park, with a little bit of road riding along the way. Great ride for an afternoon or evening.
1. From Richmond Green ride down Old Palace Lane to the Thames and follow the Thames path all the way to Kingston.
2. At Kingston, cross the river by Kingston Bridge and turn into the park on the opposite side. Take the path that follows the river, before exiting it by the Mute Swan Public House.
3. Take the second exit of the roundabout (A308) and follow this as it circumnavigates the walled palace and begins to look almost rural, with trees either side.
4. Returning you to roundabout near Kingston Bridge, now ride and leave at the first exit onto the A310 for a short while and then turn right onto Lower Teddington Road by the pub and follow this quiet road until rejoining the A310(turn right onto this).
5. At traffic lights by shops, bare right and stay on this road. After 100 metres turn right down the one way street (Water Lane) and follow ‘Embankment’ and ‘Riverside’ until you can pickup the path along the river.
6. Follow the river back to Richmond, crossing at bridge and riding back to Richmond Park.