Stats: 30km and 1519 metres climbing (Medium Route)
Refreshments & Where to Stay: Brasov is excellent for all of your needs, and you can book a great place to stay and enjoy the superb trails nearby. It’s a great short mountain bike route, taking in local hills, and you’re never far from villages.
This area is wild and beautiful, with natural rugged forest single track trails in the forests. The route takes in tracks that roll and climb with some technical sections, but lots of speed, close to historic Brasov.
1. This is a route into mountain forests, so you really do need to follow the gps file to stay safe. There are some technical sections and you need stay on course.
2. Head out of Brasov on the road, before joining a track on the right after 3.6km. This climbs through trees to the village of Poiana Brasov, where you drop left onto Strada Poiana lui Stechil, taking the track at the end and on the right.
3. Stay on this track until the high point at 11.9km, before descending into the trees in the direction back towards Brasov, passing by some exceptional viewpoints along the way.
4. At the 16km point, the track swings left and continues to descent through tress along the ridgeline, twisting its way downwards.
5. At 18km, just below the summit of Stechil, the tracks twists and descends more steeply for just over 3km, taking you to the edge of the city. You can now either ride into Brasov, or take a few extra kilimetres , riding to the high point of the wooded park just south of the city edges, before dropping down back into Brasov for cake and coffee.
Click below to download GPX file