Stats: 49km and 1431 metres climbing (Hard Route)
Refreshments & Where to Stay: Busteni is a good mountain resort for facilities, and nearby Brasov is excellent for all of your needs, and you can book a great place to stay and enjoy the superb trails nearby. It’s a tough mountain route, so please take sufficient drink and snacks with you, although villages on the edges will have options, they are limited.
This area is wild and beautiful, with natural rugged forest single track trails in the forests around Fetifoiu ridge, steep and tough climbs and awesome descents. It’s a real lung busting ride, but with the type of trails that will leave you smiling, with the long singletrack descent alongside the river to Busteni.
1. This is a route into mountain forests, so you really do need to follow the gps file to stay safe. There are some technical sections and you need stay on course.
2. Setting off from Busteni, there’s some road riding to get into the ride, so follow the roads to Azuga and ride this this small town.
3. Head out of Azuga towards and past the telegondola and head into the woods following the GPS, climbing steeply. The trail summits, before then twisting and turning at speed down towards the Azuga River.
4. Cross the river and follow the trail that climbs northwards, until a clearing and buildings at 18km. Take the left hand fork, which continues to climb as it skirts the edges of the valley along a track (Limbasel). At the 23km point a track junction it met near to high point – turn left and then exit this track onto singletrack on the right at 23.6km.
5. This singletrack descends to the village of Predeal, which you ride through,onto the DN1 south until the edge of the village. Turn right onto the DN73A at the 30.4km point and follow this for 4km, then exiting onto the trail on the left 34.6km.
6. Follow this well defined track which climbs to the 39.2km point,where track junctions are met, and sweepround right to a point at 40.2km where hairpin tracks above on the left should be taken.
7. At the 42km point this track starts the long descent, twisting down towards Busteni some 7km away, following the Valea Cerbului River back to town.
Click below to download GPX file