London to Oxford
Stats: 115 km and 715 m ascent (each way)
Chocolate Cafe at Henley on Thames, then lots of choice in Oxford.
A long ride out to Oxford, with either a train journey home, or a night in Oxford before cycling back to London. A beautiful Thames valley ride.
- Follow the gpx file out of London via Uxbridge to Slough. From Slough head towards East Burnham, passing Dorneywood House and quiet lanes to the edge of Woodburn, skirting south of it and riding to Bourne End.
- At Bourne End, cross the Thames and follow the path south towards Cookham. At Cookham turn right, then right again onto Terry’s Lane, then join the Winter Hill to the junction with Dean Lane.
- Turn right at Dean lane, and then very soon take a left onto Grubwood Lane.
- At Hocket Lane turn right and then shortly afterwards turn left onto Winter Hill Road itself, following this to the junction of the A308.Turn left towards Pinkneys Green.
- Turn right onto Pinkneys Drive and follow this, passing the car park on the right and then turning right onto Henley Road. Ride to Henley and take a break for refreshments.
- Ride out of Henley on the A4130 towards Nettlebed. Continue on the road until a junction right is signed for RAF Benson – take this and cycle through and around the lanes to Berrick Prior, Newington and onto Cowley and Oxford.
- Ride into town and finish by the Cathedral – rest, eat enjoy before deciding if it’s a train or an overnight stay.
click below for gpx file