Transylvania is home toour editor, Larisa Chinces, who rides and races mountain bike in these beautiful mountains. With endless rugged trails through magical forests, Transylvania mountain biking will live with you forever and you’ll want to return time and time again.
- Start near Paltinis near the tourist and ski area. Head into the forest trails and start some steady descending for 5 km, before the trail turns left and begins a long and winding climb to the 15 km point.
- Descend through the forest on excellent trails, before taking the track junction on the right, which eventually leaves the forest, weaving across the high meadows. Take the track to the left, which continues to climb, before an indistinct track comes off on the left and leads you to the summit (at 26.6km).
- Roll down through the forested hills, joining the Steaza River in the valley and turning left to follow its banks.
- The track then leaves the river as you continue climbing for 8 km, before the land drops you down to the ski lifts area at Arena Platos and the start.
- Time for coffee and cake.
- Now head back into historic Sibiu and enjoy the evening 🙂
Click below for gpx file