Sibiu and the North East Hills
A tough but rewarding and extremely scenic ride around the hills surrounding historic Sibiu. A very worthy 100km ride in the amazing Romanian hills.
Cycling in Romania is a delight. There is so much history around you and the beautiful landscapes. Sibiu is at the heart of cycling in Transylvania and Romania, sitting beneath the Carpathian Mountains, it has some of the best road cycling and best mountain biking in Romania and indeed in Europe.
Distance and ascent: 107km and 825 metres of climbing
- Head north from Sibiu and climb through Sura Mare and Sarba.
- Continue on the route 14 to Slimric. At Sieca Mare turn off the 14 onto the minor rural road 141A towards Metis, where the road steepens as you climb to the high point of the ride.
- Descend to the road junction with the A106, turning right, through Altana and roll through beautiful countryside and meadows back towards Sibiu.
- There’s one finalshort climb near Bavaria Stadt before you descend back to Sibiu and coffee.
- Now head back into historic Sibiu and enjoy the evening 🙂
Click below for gpx file & accommodation