While this is a reasonably short 2 hour ride, it packs a punch, and is probably one of the very best rides in the National Park. With hard climbing, the rider is rewarded with epic descents and superb views across the hills. This is definitely a favourite ride with the team here.
If you’re a lover of mountains and adventure and you ride a mountain bike, then you’ll love the Stoneman Trail in the Dolomites. The route sits neatly in the mountains in the north of Italy and briefly crosses the border in Austria. With a distance of over 100km, this mountain bike challenge has a number of days in which to complete the ride, visiting certain checkpoints along the way, so that your ride can be verified. It’s a challenge and a tough one, but ultimately it’s up to you.
Cam Road to Hawes
A Classic Ride that uses the Roman Road to access the great descent to Hawes, before climbing again and dropping home at speed. This one also takes in a steep road climb, Fleet Moss, in order to access the Cam Road again, for one of the best descents in the Dales.
Stats: 32 km and 848 metres of ascent
Refreshments & Where to Stay
Bainbridge is a super village and has lots of options nearby for accommodation. Theres also a great cafe in the village.
A terrific route with some hard climbing, amazing views and epic descents.
- Head out of the village of Bainbridge and climb the tarmac road towards Semmer Water, soon meeting the famous bridleway signed ‘Beggarman Road’.
- Climb this awesome bridleway on a rocky surface, crossing the road at 1/3 distance. Summit it at the top of Fleet Moss, joining the Cam Raod continuation.
- Shortly after Fleet Moss a bridleway is signed to the right, descending to Hawes – take this. It’s extremely technical in places and care should be taken. A fast and furious epic trail.
- At a point halway down this descent, a BW junction shows the Pennine Way right and Hawes continuing down the very technical and roocky steps left – take the technical rocky steps with cation.
- At the road turn right and ride into Hawes.
- Take Fleet Moss road climb from Hawes, reaching the top of the Cam Road again.
- Descend to Bainbridge at speed.
Click below for GPX file and accommodation