During 2020 and beyond, we want to help you to get back to what riding is all about -adventure. In the first of a new series of blogs, we’re visiting Elterwater Hostel in the English Lake District, to show you some amazing mountain bike routes from the door.
Ssh…don’t tell anyone about this place. It’s a real gem and a secret cycling centre of excellence – Nidderdale. With the long and winding ascent – or descent – of Greenhow Hill, coupled with Lofthouse Bank, it has climbs to match anywhere in the Dales. This long and narrow working dale is also blessed with […]
The Ardéche is well known amongst those seeking to explore it’s spectacular gorges and relax by or explore its meandering rivers. Many are unaware that the region consists of high mountains too, further south, reaching over 1750m, boasting a significant nordique ski area across these higher reaches. It’s a beautiful place to ride and the […]
Distance and ascent: 67 km and 843 metres of climbing
- Head north from Sibiu and climb through Sura Mare and Sarba.
- Continue on the route 14 to Slimric. At Sieca Mare turn off the 14 onto the minor rural road 141A towards Metis, where the road steepens as you climb to the high point of the ride.
- Descend to the road junction with the A106, turning right, through Altana and roll through beautiful countryside and meadows back towards Sibiu.
- There’s one finalshort climb near Bavaria Stadt before you descend back to Sibiu and coffee.
- Now head back into historic Sibiu and enjoy the evening 🙂
Click below for gpx file
Distance and ascent: 37km and 416 metres of climbing
- Start from the centre of town and ride to Aleea Calaretilor and through towards the Zoological Gardens and park.
- Ride along before joining the road at the 106A, then turn right and ride to Poplaca, before heading back towards Sibiu and again into the park.
- Repeat part of the circuit, before turning off the road on the 106D towards Cisnadioara.
- Ride through Piata Noua and back to Sibiu via Sevis.
- Now head back to historic Sibiu and enjoy the evening 🙂
Click below for gpx file
With so much focus on cycling over recent years, London and the Home Counties is a great place to go riding. There are even great cycle lanes along the Thames in Central London, with families riding in the city.
We want to expand our UK routes database, bringing tried and tested routes for you in London and the Home Counties. As it grows, we’ll hopefully help you to choose some great cycle route ideas in and around London.